The Healthy Mummy are experts at helping mums lose weight and have helped thousands of mums lose over three million kilos! AMAZING right?!
We’ve been helping busy mums shift body weight and boost energy for a decade and we are CONFIDENT that we can help you too. Whether you have five kilos or 50 kilos to lose, we will give you the tools to smash your goals.
Discover below how losing just 5kgs can have a massive impact on your health and wellbeing.
14 Health benefits of losing 5kg
Losing just 5kg of your body weight can improve all kinds of health problems, and make you feel so much better too.
Here are just some of the health benefits of losing 5kg.
- Improved sleep – Moderate weight loss is proven to be beneficial for treating obstructive sleep apnoea.
- Improved hormonal circulation – Losing a few kilograms can help ease the stress and impact that added weight can have on your hormones.
- Improved insulin uptake – Losing just a few kilos can mean that the body will process glucose more effectively which lowers the chance of a person developing insulin resistance and diabetes.
- Improved blood pressure – losing weight means there’s less pressure on the vessels that pump blood around the body improving your blood pressure and heart health.
- Reduced pressure on joints – Weight loss can provide a great relief on aching and sore joints.
- Reduced risk of cancer
- Reduced risk of type 2 diabetes – For people who have been advised they are pre-diabetes, weight loss can prevent progression to type 2 diabetes.
- Increased “good” cholesterol
- Increase your mood and happy hormones
- Reduce inflammation
- Increase your sex drive and libido
- Improve organ health including kidney and liver function – A small weight loss can improve fatty liver disease and aid kidney function.
- Increase reproduction and improve the health of reproductive organs – weight loss can help increase the chances of a natural pregnancy in women who are overweight or have obesity.
- Increase motivation and confidence
15 ways to lose 5kg
Here are some top tips on how to start your weight loss journey, lose the first 5kg and remain motivated for the long haul.
- Watch your portion control
- Move more
- Ditch processed foods
- Include metabolism boosting foods in your diet
- Get support (Join the Healthy Mummy community)
- Meal prep
- Stay focused
- Increase protein and fibre
- Avoid sugar
- Join the 28 Day Challenge
- Drink plenty of water
- Workout with weights
- Use our Healthy Mummy Smoothies as a meal replacement
- Ditch the alcohol
Ready to Drop a Dress Size in 28 Days?
Never Go Hungry
Our program offers NO 1200 calorie restrictions
Workout at Home
Follow guided training videos with expert fitness instructors (no equipment needed!)
Feel Supported 24/7
In our private support groups with other mums just like you!
Eat Delicious and Healthy Food
With family-friendly, weekly meal plans & over 6,000 easy recipes developed by nutritionists
No lock-in contracts, cancel anytime.