Magnesium is necessary to maintain healthy bones. Necessarily, a person muscle function, immune system, steady heartbeat, and overall energy production can be improved with Magnesium. When you cannot take enough magnesium from the diet alone, or your body lacks this mineral, the doctor may give Magnesium Glycinate 500mg. It comes with minimal side effects and can be well-tolerated by the body. This blog will discuss the dosage, benefits, and side effects of encircling magnesium glycinate tablets.
What are the uses of Magnesium Glycinate 500mg?
Magnesium Glycinate is a mineral supplement that helps treat low amounts of magnesium in the blood. Many individuals take Magnesium glycinate 500mg to get rid of stomach acid symptoms like stomach upset, heartburn, and indigestion.
There are many more vital uses of this supplement. We will focus on the same.
- Aids in Better Sleep: Magnesium Glycinate 500mg can help regulate the sleep cycle. If you are struggling with insomnia, then consider this supplement at least once. The capsule may make your brain come into sleep mode and quiet communication.
- Alleviates Tension and Anxiety: Research says the supplement has the potential to deal with your brain functioning for eliminating tension and anxiety. It binds to calming receptors that result in peace and relaxation. Moreover, regulation of stress hormones can be quickly done with Magnesium Glycinate 500mg.
Benefits of Magnesium Glycinate 500mg
Hypomagnesemia or lower magnesium levels can be due to less magnesium presence in many crucial human organs. It has more to do with diet, but you may be given medications to fulfill the deficiency. Let us look closer at the benefits of Magnesium Glycinate 500mg.
1. Attends Magnesium Deficiency
Magnesium Glycinate is highly beneficial to those having a magnesium deficit. Although not getting enough magnesium from the diet has been a concern, the cause may arise from various health conditions and medicines. However, a doctor can order blood, urine, and saliva tests to check the actual issue of magnesium deficiency. It is recommended to wait for the reports before consuming any supplements.
2. Other Health Conditions
Many health conditions may fluctuate magnesium levels in the body. They may benefit from magnesium glycinate significantly. These health concerns may include:
- Type 2 Diabetes: Increasing the amount of magnesium in the diet may reduce your blood sugar level. It helps by breaking sugar and decreasing insulin resistance.
- Depression: Remember that less magnesium may induce depression-based symptoms. In fact, Serotonin, a feel-good chemical, is boosted by increasing adequate magnesium intake. Research says magnesium glycinate is very useful for adults with mild to moderate depression.
- Osteoporosis: Magnesium is of great use to improve bone health. One with higher magnesium levels in their body has higher bone mineral density. Therefore, bone fractures resulting in osteoporosis can be combated with this supplement.
- Migraine Headaches: Many times, individuals with migraine are found to have low magnesium in their blood and tissues. You must include magnesium glycinate supplements to get away from migraine headaches.
- High Blood Pressure: Your high blood pressure may decrease slightly by consuming magnesium glycinate 500mg. The capsules may be relevant for stroke patients also.
Directions for using Magnesium Glynicate 500mg
Undoubtedly, the deficiency of magnesium can be life-threatening to all. Most importantly, one bodily improvements can be assured with this supplement. Adults may take the supplement with food to avoid stomach upset or other side effects.Take the medicine with a full glass of water, and do not crush the tablet while eating. In case, you are taking chewable tablets, chew each tablet properly before swallowing. Furthermore, use a medication-measuring device to measure the dose carefully.
However, you have to take the medication regularly to have the utmost benefit of it. Make sure that you take the supplement at the same time each day. If you are already on medications, talk with your healthcare provider. They can make you understand the drug interactions.
Precautions while taking Magnesium Glycinate
Usually, magnesium glycinate is safe for healthy adults, but it is better to consult a doctor before intake. Doing so may give you an idea about the appropriate daily dosage.
Here are some general precautions that you should follow:
- Check the amount of Magnesium: Note that checking the amount of magnesium in any supplement is a must. This information can be readily available on the label of medication.
- Speak with your doctor: It is essential to know whether you have any pre-existing heart or kidney problems.
- Know about Magnesium Interaction: Tell your doctor if you are taking any antibiotics or other medications. Enquire if the absorption of magnesium sulfate will affect your body or not.
What are the natural sources of Magnesium Glycinate?
Many individuals may get a daily dosage of Magnesium by consuming their diet. It has to be remembered that magnesium glycinate is just an alternative, and you need not have it.
Specific natural sources of Magnesium Glycinate may include:
- Green Leafy Vegetables
- Whole Grains
- Legumes, nuts and seeds
- Yogurt, milk, and other dairy products
- Cereals and other fortified goods
When low magnesium is found, the doctor may recommend increasing the dietary intake of magnesium foods or magnesium glycinate tablets. You may get these supplements in local pharmacies and health stores.
How much Magnesium Glycinate is recommended?
Every age group can be considered okay for Magnesium Glycinate. But, there is a limit; verify the same from your doctor before including this supplement in your diet. Let us look into the exact dosage for each age group:
- According to NIH, The recommended dosage for males is 420 mg, and that for females is 350mg. The dosage can be changed per your health conditions, age, and other factors.
- Children aged 1 to 3 years must take 65mg of magnesium glycinate daily. This dosage may change as the child grows. Talk to your pediatrician before giving magnesium glycinate to your little ones.
Magnesium is a vital mineral for muscular and nervous system development. Incorporating green leafy vegetables, legumes, and cereals can be the easiest way to get the recommended dose of magnesium. If you fail to do so, try to go for Magnesium Glycinate 500mg, which is available in pills, powder, and liquid form. It is important to have a discussion with your healthcare professional and not overlook magnesium deficiency in your body. It is better to make informed lifestyle choices to avoid anything serious.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is 500mg magnesium glycinate too much?
If you take a large amount of magnesium glycinate is usually unsafe. It can cause side effects and irregular heartbeat, low blood pressure, confusion and slowed breathing.
What are the magnesium glycinate 500mg side effects?
It has many side effects as it causes nausea and abdominal pain. It causes diarrhea, irregular heartbeat, hypotension, and cardiac arrest.
Is 500mg of magnesium glycinate safe?
Yes, it is unsafe for people who are already suffering from other complications.
Can we use Magnesium glycinate gummies for sleep?
Magnesium Glycinate supports sleep and digestion regularity. It also helps in relieving anxiety and stress.
Does magnesium glycinate cause frequent urination?
There is no link between magnesium and frequent urination or you feel to pee more. Well, magnesium helps with water or fluid retention. Still, you want to pee more which means your body holding more water.
Is magnesium lysinate glycinate the same as glycinate?
Magnesium lycinate glycinate is the double bond of lysine and glycine, on the other hand, magnesium glycinate is bound with glycine.
Can magnesium glycinate cause acne?
Yes, it is a perfect choice for those who are suffering from hormonal acne.